Tuesday, November 27, 2007

cheesy chicken empanadas

I made this recipe last night and have made a few changes to the original because, well, it didn't work out :o)... but once they were arranged to suit me, boy were they good. Give them a try!










Cheesy Chicken Empanadas

3 cups chopped, cooked chicken, about 4 to 5 chicken breasts
1 (8-ounce) package shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cans small biscuits
canola oil
Water


I sauteed the chicken until done and tender in a small amount of olive oil and seasoned with salt & pepper, remove and chop. Add peppers to pan to saute. Mix all ingredients together and roll out each biscuit into a thin circle. (you will need flour :o) I used the cheap inexpensive biscuits that are in the brown cans, they usually come in a four pack and you might need more than 2 cans to use all the chicken mixture. Place a tsp. of chicken mixture in center of circle, moisten the edge to seal into a half circle crimping the edges with your fingers. Have hot canola oil in pan ready to drop them in. They cook pretty fast. Watch them closely turning when golden brown and remove when both sides are done.

These are really good!

Click on the button to link up with the home of favorite ingredient fridays!

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummo!

Joyful Days said...

That sounds awesome, Annie!!

Carey said...

Im definitely going to try this one. Thanks for sharing it. Happy Friday.

Kim Davis said...

Those sound so great - I can't wait to try them!

Lorie said...

These sound so good!

Rachel said...

Awe...why did you have to go and do that....tell me about something like that when I don't have the biscuits.....argggg!
this sounds soo delicious. Mmmm!

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, this looks like a fabulous recipe! I've had the dessert-type empanadas but I've never thought to make some with chicken.

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!