Wednesday, October 31, 2007

chicken fried rice

This makes plenty! It's a one-pot meal, is great to use up leftovers, and it tastes like you fussed. I got this from Kim and have made it many times. It's great to buy frozen egg rolls and serve as a side item. Everyone loves this and it is so easy to make. Give it a try!

4 cups cooled, cooked rice
1 onion, chopped fine
4 chopped green onions
2 tbl minced garlic
1 to 2 cups frozen vegetables (anything works as long as it's in small pieces)
2 cups chicken (cooked and cut into small pieces)
Soy sauce to taste
Olive oil for the pan
A little sesame oil to finish

Saute the onion in olive oil in a large skillet. Add green onions, garlic, chicken and vegetables. Add rice when veggies are cooked. Stir in soy sauce. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the top, stir in, and serve.

**made this for dinner last night, served with egg rolls & it was delicious!**

***original recipe from Barb (mom's fridge). thanks Barb!***

post signature

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This will be great when I have left over rice. I used to just through it away, but my Mom-in-law taught me how to make "Spanish Rice". It worked for me and now this will add more variety!.
THANKS

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie. I will put this in my recipe box.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Mari said...

Annie - this looks great and is a good way to use leftover rice. Thanks for sharing.

Day by Day said...

Great menu! It was a helpful reminder of how I could use pork slices in a stir fry for our Chinese food stir fry meal. Thanks.