Saturday, October 6, 2007

spinach dip... favorite ingredient friday!

I make this spinach dip for a lot of family gatherings and it is always ... always said to be everyone's favorite and I end up writing the recipe down for people almost everytime. I made a double batch for 4th of july and my SIL took leftovers to work the next day. I got a call wanting the recipe again. I make it a little different than the box of soup mix suggests... I add cream cheese because I love cream cheese and it makes it thicker, and I exclude water chestnuts.


8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. mayo (can use light, don't use miracle whip)
8 oz. sour cream
one package knorr vegetable soup mix
5 chopped green onions
1 box (10 oz) chopped frozen spinach

Thaw, rinse, drain, and squeeze spinach. I like to sit the sour cream and cream cheese out so they are room temp. Mix cc, sc, and mayo with soup mix, stir in spinach and onions until well blended. Chill to blend flavors. Serve with crackers, veggies or a favorite of mine is to hollow out a hawaiian bread and cut the part you took out into chunks. YUM! (I usually sit a small bowl in the hollowed space so the bread doesn't get soggy).



post signature

9 comments:

Carey said...

Sounds so good. Im all for dips. especially in a bread bowl.
Thanks for sharing.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love spinach dip and this sounds nice and easy to make as well. Thanks bunches!

Anonymous said...

I make this too - but haven't used cream cheese in it - that's worth a try!

Renee said...

The dip sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Overwhelmed! said...

Yeah, another version of spinach dip, I love it!

Thanks so much, Annie, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for this recipe last night at the grocery store (on the back of the Knorr box) and couldn't find it. I was so happy to find it here.

Thanks a lot...

Elisabeth

Unknown said...

I love spinach dip. I agree with your first poster, carey. It's great in a bread bowl.

Mandalyn said...

I've never made it with cream cheese before. I think Knorr's mix is the best for spinach dip. I've made it with Lipton mix before and it wasn't nearly as good!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting ready to make this right now. Can't wait to try this variation.

Elisabeth

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/timbuck2mom/