Wednesday, January 23, 2008

slow cooker thursday ~ creamy chicken & potatoes

Using your slow cooker, or crock pot is just the most efficient way to feed your family! It is something you can do while you are away and dinner is just waiting. It's so nice to come home to a wonderful smelling home and dinner ready to eat!


2 cups baby carrots
1 lb. quartered red potatoes
1 sm chopped onion
1 clove garlic pressed
2 lbs chicken (i use skinless boneless frozen breasts)
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 T cornstarch
1/2 t thyme
salt & pepper
1 - 10 oz. pkg. frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup heavy cream

Put veggies in crockpot, lay chicken over veggies.
mix broth, cornstarch, thyme, salt & pepper and pour over.
cook on low for 8 hours or high 5-6 hours.
remove veggies and chicken
pour in cream and peas to heat through
pour over chicken & veggies


post signature

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Annie this looks SO good, I'm saving this recipe :)

Michelle said...

Hi Annie thanks for posting this.I am going to add this for mpm for next week thanks.

Anonymous said...

delicious sounding!! I love potatoes in the crockpot, they come out so tender and delicious! Have a great Thursday, Annie.

Renee said...

This sounds wonderful! I've bookmarked this for later...probably next week. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Thursday.

Eleisia said...

What a great recipe, chicken and vegetables all in one main dish.
Can't wait to cook this recipe.

This is my first Slow Cooking Thursday. Visit our Sweet and Sour Pork Chop recipe at In the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

This sounds delish-I'm going to try it real soon.
joanna :)

Mari said...

This looks really good - and it's a whole meal. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing it.


MJ

Michelle said...

oh this sounds yummy! I'm putting this on my to try list!

Anonymous said...

Annie, I finally got to make the Empanadas. I didn't have cream cheese with me , but I loved them. Next time I make them I'm going to try to bake them. Thank you for sharing your recipes
Rachel
see ya soon

Anonymous said...

Annie--I like your Family Restaurant blog. :-) Very cool. :-) Thanks for the great recipe. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I'm going to have to try this!!