Friday, January 25, 2008

Taco Waffles

I am posting this recipe because I think I actually invented it! yea me!!! (I know my life could use a little more excitement, right?)... Anyway, I made double taco seasoned meat Wednesday when I had tacos, planning to use the remainder for the empanadas.
Yesterday at noon I wanted to have a leftover taco for lunch and did not have any taco shells left (family at them all), didn't have any taco chips because I made guacamole and they all got eaten too, and used all my tortillas for Michelle's taquitos I've been making and freezing for Matt's lunch. So, after looking through the cabinets repeatedly I used a frozen waffle. I kid you not, it was delicious. So I made up the whole box of eggo waffles for dinner and made some beans seasoned and heated the taco meat. I put cheese, sour cream, and salsa over the top (and black olives). My family all loved this! I was excited to have another easy variation of tacos...

Taco Waffles

ground beef
taco seasoning
beans (optional seasoned with chili powder and cumin)
frozen waffles
cheddar cheese
sour cream

Toast the waffle, layer on beans, meat, cheese, and toppings... enjoy.

post signature

No comments: