Sunday, January 27, 2008


Spicy spaghetti seasoning &
my garlic press!


There was some discussion recently about a recipe I posted for chicken spaghetti in the crockpot.

What I failed to mention is the spice that I have been buying for as many years as I can remember, I know it's been with me all my married life :)

I use this spice in spaghetti sauces, goulashes, any recipe that I would use basil and oregano. It really gives a kick of flavor.

I buy it at Sam's wholesale club, it's about $5 for a pretty big container and lasts me about 6 months.

Another use is to slice up a loaf or baguette bread, melt some butter, press in some garlic cloves and then stir in a little of this spice... pour over the bread down the slices, top with grated parm and wrap in foil... bake until hot. Very good! If you like things a bit spicier, add a packet of those red peppers from the pizza place (we always have those in the drawer).



The other thing that is necessary in my kitchen is my garlic press. I always keep a couple of garlic heads on hand so I can press fresh garlic into everything, yummo!



post signature

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I bought this stuff at Sam's after you told me about it last year! It is good and it does make all the difference in your chicken spaghetti recipe. I also use a lot of it in regular tomato based spaghetti sauce. It has a really good flavor. Thanks for the tip on it, I really like this stuff :)